The Statement of Faith of Cooperative ESL Ministries:
- The Bible as the inspired, infallible, inerrant Word of God, the final authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- One God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ, His deity, virgin birth, sinless life, vicarious death, burial, bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal future return in power and glory.
- The sinfulness of man, and salvation by grace through faith in the shed blood of Christ.
- The present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- The resurrection of the dead, the believer to life everlasting, and the unbeliever to the resurrection of judgement.
- The support and participation in the task of fulfilling the Great Commission as an obligation of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Since we are an interdenominational society, we recognize that there are other doctrines held by various Christian believers, which they believe to be consistent with the above. However, such doctrines will not be incorporated except as approved by the Society.
CESLM’s Definition of Love:
- Freedom – I will allow you to be what you choose to be and will not try to make you what I think you ought to be.
- Responsibility – Because I love you I feel responsible to you. That includes my being open and honest regardless of how you relate to me.
- Acceptance – I accept you as a child of God and not someone who can do something for me. If your freedom leads you to disagree with me I will accept your opinion. I only ask you to respect my freedom and accept my opinion.
- See the human being – I see you as a person of importance and worth, not as an “it” to be manipulated or used.
- Involvement – I am willing to become involved in your life. I will take the risk of being turned away because I care for you.
- Trust – I will have faith in you. I will trust you to be responsible in your involvement with me and accept my openness not as a sign of weakness, but as an indication that I am willing to back my words with action.
- Absence of possession – I do not own you, nor you me. Our relationship is built upon respect and this cannot be bought or sold.
Code of Conduct
To view our Code of Conduct, please click here.