Join us for a 4-part series of ESL-themed mini webinars with presenter Sara Dasko.
About our Presenter
Sara Dasko is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP), CELTA certified teacher and founder of Free Mind Learning Services. She holds certificates in Teamwork and Teambuilding, Leadership and Influence, Coaching and Mentoring, Personal Success, as well as a Toast Masters Advisor and a linguistic certification (TIU) from Wycliffe.
Sara will be presenting a 4-part series of mini webinars for seasoned ESL teachers to refresh their lesson planning and for new teachers to give them a good base to start from. Each webinar will run 1 hour and 15 minutes on 4 consecutive Saturdays, starting on Saturday, October 31st at 9:30 a.m. (Alberta time).
Webinar Series Dates & Times:
Please check your time zone at this link so you don’t miss the event. No refunds.
Webinar 1: Saturday, Oct. 31st, 9:30-10:45 a.m. (Alberta time).
- Lesson Planning: Reading & Listening—Tips and Resources
- Keeping it Together: Two Key Lesson Plan Components for Reading and Listening
- Keeping it Real: Three Common Problems and Solutions for Reading and Listening
- Keeping it Natural: One Stellar Activity for Reading, and Four Excellent Resources for Listening
Webinar 2: Saturday, Nov. 7th, 9:30-10:45 a.m. (Alberta time)
- Lesson Planning: Speaking & Writing—Tips and Resources
- Keeping it Together: 2 Lesson Plan Considerations for Speaking/Writing
- Keeping it Real: 3 Common Problems and Solutions for Speaking/Writing
- Keeping it Natural: 1 Expandable Activity for Writing, 3 Versatile Activities for Speaking and 4 Resources for Speaking/Writing
Webinar 3: Saturday, Nov. 14th, 9:30-10:45 a.m. (Alberta time)
- Lesson Planning: Pronunciation—Tips and Resources
- Keeping it Together: 4 Lesson Plan Types for Pronunciation
- Keeping it Real: 3 Common Problems and Solutions for Pronunciation
- Keeping it Natural: 3 Adaptable Activities, 2 Online Resources, 2 Textbooks
Webinar 4: Saturday, Nov. 21st, 9:30-10:45 a.m. (Alberta time)
- Lesson Planning: Grammar—Tips and Resources
- Keeping it Together: 6 Lesson Plan Considerations for Grammar
- Keeping it Real: 3 Common Problems and Solutions for Grammar
- Keeping it Natural: 8 Resources for Grammar
Questions about the event? Contact our Training Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BOOK A TRAINING EVENT TODAY!
To book a training event for your church, community group or workplace, contact our Training Coordinator at email@example.com.
CESLM offers professional development training to help teachers facilitate ESL classes and other programs for newcomers.
We can help you create a specialized workshop or conference to meet your individual needs on location at your church or organization.
We also offer Intercultural Communications Workshops for your church, community organization or business to prepare your staff and volunteers to develop cultural awareness to work alongside newcomers to Canada.